Greetings from Driebergen,
We’ve been back from the States for about 5 weeks. I’ve now lost about 5 kilos.
- ??8/30 — 85.7
- 9/3 — 84.0
- 9/10 — 83.1
- 9/17 — 82.0
- 9/24 — 82.1
- 10/1 — 81.6
- 10/5 — 80.8
It’s Friday morning as I ?type (and record) ?this. I ?weigh myself weekly on Friday morning.
Guess which evenings the intermittent fasting goes more easily? ?
- Wednesday and especially:
?I ?have a weekly deadline: Friday morning on the scale.
?As yummy as Thursday night’s dinner is, I’m not going to eat it. I usually eat it on Friday for lunch.
?Speaking of tips, here are a few: ?
- ?Keep busy: ?Wednesday evenings are easier to skip because I ?have basketball practice from 6 to 7:15 and don’t get home until 8 PM–when dinner is usually over. PRO TIP: ?if I’m really hungry and/or just feel like eating, I often will just go to sleep because it’s hard to eat when you’re not awake.
- Compare: ?weigh the difference (OK pun intended!) between: ?
- How yummy was dinner?
- How awesome do I ?feel in the morning when I ?skipped dinner?
- Test: ?I ?know, #2 can be hard to do if you haven’t yet experienced that powerful feeling of waking up feeling great. ??I’m going to make a #4 here as a “cheat” ?code.
- Go to sleep: ?you can’t eat if you’re asleep. I sleep better, faster, deeper, and there’s more healing energy available because my body isn’t digesting dinner. I ?need less sleep and the sleep I ?have is better. I ?wake up refreshed and, surprisingly, not hungry.
- Water: ?if I ?do wake up hungry, drink as much water as you can and then drink that amount again. Yep, twice what you think you should.
?Why do I ?do this? ?How can I be so antisocial and skip dinners with my family? ?
?Here are a few benefits to intermittent fasting: ?
- ??Energy: ?I feel alive, my energy level is more constant (and constantly higher), and I ?don’t have the afternoon dips as much.
- Confidence: ?I ?know, this might seem weird or difficult unrelated or even impossible, but it all affects my confidence, self-esteem, and internal power. Crazy, I ?know.
- Sleep: ?I ?sleep less yet feel more energized when I ?wake up. You’d think this doesn’t make mathematical sense (and it doesn’t) but basically, your body doesn’t need to spend so much energy at night digesting your dinner.
- Alive/Awake: ?I don’t know how to explain this one. I ?just “feel better.” ?
- Creativity: ?I have more ideas and more good ideas. See #2 about confidence and I ?think these ideas could be something I ?could do.
?I ?could keep going with benefits but I’ll save them for another time.
?I ?got things to do today.
?Make it a thunderous Thursday.
[ https://youtu.be/UMTjQsiROdE ]