$2.6 billion in audiobook sales in 2017.
are your books on audio?
Let me see if I can guess* why not:
- I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- I’m pretty sure it’s really expensive.
- I’d do it myself, but it’s probably really complicated.
- I even tried it once, but my files were rejected.
- I don’t have the right hardware.
- I bet I need fancy software.
- If I didn’t want to do it myself, hiring a narrator sounds like a painful process–and see point #2 again.
*Educated guesses based on my own excuses over the years.
The audiobook market is changing.
Introducing the online training:
Audio for Authors
You’re an author. You write books. You know, words on pages.
I’m an author. I write words on pages, too.
But I also record them. Then I publish the audio files through a distributor to reach dozens of markets.
People listen to them on their phones, in their cars driving to work, in the living rooms, and with their eyes closed.*
Crazy. I know.
I’ve done it–and I want to teach you how.
*OK, not in the car with their eyes closed. Well, maybe passengers.
What’s in the Audio for Authors course?
Video Walk Throughs
None of those “74-minute docudramas” here! As short as possible, to-the-point videos. I aim for under 10 minutes each.
Award-winning narrators, audio technicians, and marketers. Someone knows more than you–and we’ll spill the beans.
Hard stuff explained
-23dB? ACX? Soft delimiter? You don’t need to care what they mean, you just need to get it done. Let’s get it done.
Which is the best audio software? What about a decent mic? Should I maybe hire a narrator? People who know more than I do will tell you what to get.
Sure, we’ll build it, but will they come? The latest in audiobook marketing from those of us who are making it work.
Along with being an author, I’m a math guy. I like lists and numbers and making things easy to follow. 1, 2, 3, easy peasy. We’ll get you from A to B to Z.
A rising tide lifts all boats. More audiobooks out there and more listeners is good for all of us. The more we know, the more we sell, the more we entertain and educate, the better the world. No, seriously. Access to the Private Facebook group.
This point deserves more than a little bullet point here but … I’m passionate about audio. I believe we authors connect more deeply to our readers, to our listeners, through audio.
On the Cutting Edge
Audio is growing like crazy. Think of all of the smartphones around the world. 2.7 billion of them. Each one can download–and pay for–your audiobook. To me, that’s exciting crazy stuff.
Audiobooks I've published
Hours I spent marketing my audiobooks
Markets where my books are available
Dollars from 1 book in 1 month from 1 market ... that I had never heard of.
"Your voice resonated with me so deeply I felt like you were in my living room reading just for me."
"My great aunt Hildagard on my mother's side is blind as a bat, but for the first time she was able to listen to my first horror mystery--and it scared her to death. It was awesome."
Samantha Might Have Said, author @ ScaryOldLadyStories.com
"I didn't even know what Playster was. Then I got a check for $14.38 for the month of April. I did nothing. I got money. What about next month? This is where things get exciting."
How many author bandwagons have you jumped on too late?
Don't Sign UpMaybe it's just not a good fit
- Doesn’t cost a thing!
- You can always join later.
- Sleep on it.
- Come back when I’ve figured out what -23dB means …
- No course, no FB group, no nada.
- No worries.
Audio for AuthorsThis is actually the only option
- Let’s get your audiobook done!
- Many, many as-short-as-possible videos
- Experts in their fields: award-winning narrators, audio tech pros, marketing successes
- Any discounts I can get with service providers
- Lifetime access to the Facebook group
- Updated as often as we learn new stuff
- One-time, forever access to the course
- Access to anything I know
- This price is only going to go up
- This price is low because you’re seeing this early.
The Golden MicVIP + Spa Treatments
- You do nothing.
- Someone else does everything.
- I don’t even know of such a service.
- We certainly don’t offer it.
- C’mon, you can do it!
- That middle option is probably best.
- That middle option is always best, isn’t it!?
If I were to tell you just one thing about me in regards to this course, here you go: perseverance.
Since November 1, 2012, on a challenge, I started Writing Every Day. I haven’t stopped. Once I lock in to something, I don’t easily give up.
I’m locked in to audio.
There’s my pitch.
What else can I tell you? If you’re reading this, I’m in the early phases of the course. How can I help? Where are you in the process? What are you looking to do? What’s holding you back?