$2.6 billion in audiobook sales in 2017.
are your books on audio?
- I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- I’m pretty sure it’s really expensive.
- I’d do it myself, but it’s probably really complicated.
- I even tried it once, but my files were rejected.
- I don’t have the right hardware.
- I bet I need fancy software.
- If I didn’t want to do it myself, hiring a narrator sounds like a painful process–and see point #2 again.
*Educated guesses based on my own excuses over the years.
Introducing the online training:
Audio for Authors
You’re an author. You write books. You know, words on pages.
I’m an author. I write words on pages, too.
But I also record them. Then I publish the audio files through a distributor to reach dozens of markets.
People listen to them on their phones, in their cars driving to work, in the living rooms, and with their eyes closed.*
Crazy. I know.
I’ve done it–and I want to teach you how.
*OK, not in the car with their eyes closed. Well, maybe passengers.
What’s in the Audio for Authors course?
Video Walk Throughs
Hard stuff explained
A rising tide lifts all boats. More audiobooks out there and more listeners is good for all of us. The more we know, the more we sell, the more we entertain and educate, the better the world. No, seriously. Access to the Private Facebook group.
On the Cutting Edge
Audiobooks I've published
Hours I spent marketing my audiobooks
Markets where my books are available
Dollars from 1 book in 1 month from 1 market ... that I had never heard of.
"Your voice resonated with me so deeply I felt like you were in my living room reading just for me."
"My great aunt Hilagard on my mother's side is blind as a bat, but for the first time she was able to listen to my first horror mystery--and it scared her to death. It was awesome."
"I didn't even know what Playster was. Then I got a check for $14.38 for the month of April. I did nothing. I got money. What about next month? This is where things get exciting."
How many author bandwagons have you jumped on too late?
Don't Sign UpMaybe it's just not a good fit
- Doesn’t cost a thing!
- You can always join later.
- Sleep on it.
- Come back when I’ve figured out what -23dB means …
- No course, no FB group, no nada.
- No worries.
Audio for AuthorsThis is actually the only option
- Let’s get your audiobook done!
- Many, many as-short-as-possible videos
- Experts in their fields: award-winning narrators, audio tech pros, marketing successes
- Any discounts I can get with service providers
- Lifetime access to the Facebook group
- Updated as often as we learn new stuff
- One-time, forever access to the course
- Access to anything I know
- This price is only going to go up
- This price is low because you’re seeing this early.
The Golden MicVIP + Spa Treatments
- You do nothing.
- Someone else does everything.
- I don’t even know of such a service.
- We certainly don’t offer it.
- C’mon, you can do it!
- That middle option is probably best.
- That middle option is always best, isn’t it!?
If I were to tell you just one thing about me in regards to this course, here you go: perseverance.
Since November 1, 2012, on a challenge, I started Writing Every Day. I haven’t stopped. Once I lock in to something, I don’t easily give up.
I’m locked in to audio.
There’s my pitch.
What else can I tell you? If you’re reading this, I’m in the early phases of the course. How can I help? Where are you in the process? What are you looking to do? What’s holding you back?